Wednesday 22 August 2012

More Christmas!

Hey!

I am still on the Christmas card mission, albeit it has had to slow up a little!

Here are my latest Christmas cards.  I have a few to show you today.

First up, my personal favourite...


I love the Create-A-Flake 3 snowflake dies from Spellbinders!  They're so pretty and intricate and I can't help myself - I have to layer them up :)  I also like non-traditional Christmas colours (my Mum tells me off saying they're not 'Christamassy' enough!)  I don't know if you can see it, but I added some glitter to the tips of the snowflake to add a bit of Christmas magic :)

This next one is super CAS...


I simply formed some wire into the shape of holly leaves and then drew around them onto the green card to make sure that they were the same shape.  The sentiment is heat embossed, something else that doesn't show up in the photograph!

The last two were based on an idea from Blue Peter.  Me and my Mum used to make this sort of card for Christmas year after year when I was a kid... I'm sorry if you were with me last year and have read this story already - yawn!!  :)



Both of these snowflakes have sparkly edges to make the cards feel a little more Christmassy :)

After all my rambling yesterday on my Verve post, I've tried to keep this one fairly short so as not to bore everyone!  Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks for dropping by :)







Supplies

Card 1
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Sky Blue
Stamps: Papermania - Let It Snow
Ink:        VersaColor - Laps Lazuli
Other:    Spellbinders - Create-A-Flake 3; Crafty Ribbons - Ivory seam binding; rhinestones

Card 2
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Apple Green
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Holiday Doodle Frames
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:    WOW! Embossing Powder - Apple Red, pearls

Card 3
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Navy Sky Blue
Stamps: Papermania - let It Snow
Ink:        VersaColor - Lapis Lazuli
Other:    Spellbinders - Create-A-Flake 3, Labels 24; WOW! Embossing Powder - Clear Gloss Super Fine;
              glitter glue; pearls

Card 4
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Forest Green; gold mirror card
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Holiday Doodle Frames
Ink:         Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:     Spellbinders - Parisian Motifs; WOW! Embossing Powder - Apple Red, pearls; glitter glue

1 comment:

  1. WOW! So beautiful and creative - can I be on your Christmas card list? These are truly works of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!