Sunday 3 March 2013

I am prepared..for once...!!

Yes, I am!!  

I am terrible - despite my best intentions, things always seem to get done last minute!  I think I need the pressure to kick me into gear?!  On that note, my brother made me aware of this quote yesterday;




I think it's perfect, don't you?!!  (this image came from here)

Ok, I went off on a tangent there, sorry about that - back to the matter in hand :)

It is Mother's Day over here next Sunday and ordinarily I'd be posting my Mum's card on Friday afternoon hoping that the Royal mail would notice that indeed I have used a first class stamp and that means it should get there the next day - unfortunately it rarely does!  Anyway, this year my Mum asked me to make a card for my Nan from her, so I had to make sure it got to my Mum in plenty of time for her to be able to write it and send it on to my Nan.  As I was having to send this to my Mum, it made sense to get her card made and a birthday card for her partner, who's birthday is on Thursday - she's going to be so proud of me!  Ha ha!  

This card is for my Mum.  I used the sketch over at Retro Sketches this week for this one.  When I sat down to make it I had a serious attack of 'nojo' (for a description of this, and many other co-mingled words, please visit Darnell's blog - she has a fabulous way with words, and cards!) until I saw the Retro Sketches sketch, then it just came to me!  



And without further ado, here it is;



And...as this card has heat embossing (as does pretty much every card I make...ever!) I am submitting this for the challenge over at WOW! Embossing Powder as this month, Anything Goes!  I can see there being just a few entries for this challenge!  I was lucky enough to win last months' challenge - thank you guys!  :)






A little close up, just to prove it :)

Ooh, one more thing before I go - my dear blogging friend, Kelly, has recently had a baby girl :) (awww, she is cute!)  This means that the spare time she used to use for making beautiful cards is now taken up with mothering.  Because of this Kelly is selling some of her fabulous SU! products on e-Bay here.  If you love SU! (who doesn't!?) and would like some very well loved stamps etc then pop over there and have a little spree!!  Thank you ;)

Ok, that's my ramble over for today I think you'll all be pleased to know!  I'll be back tomorrow with my Nan's Mother's Day card!

Thanks for stopping by ;)








Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Raspberry, Pink Sorbet, Primrose
Stamps: Verve - One Person
Ink:        VersaColor - Peony
Other:    WOW! - Tickled Pink e/p; Craft Concepts - Venus e/f; rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Clean, simple and elegant :)

    Thanks for joining us again at WOW! Embossing Powder March Challenge and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was scrolling through the Retro Sketch blog and this card totally jumped out at me. Just wanted to come and tell you just how awesome it is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!