Monday 29 April 2013

A little liberty...

Hey peeps!!

How are we all?!  Good I hope :)  Hello to my new followers, I'm glad you could join me!  I hope that you enjoy my blog and I can keep you interested with my posts...I shall certainly try!  ;)

My brother came down to visit us this weekend which was lovely!  I haven't seen him for a few months which is strange for us as he ordinarily comes to visit at least once a month or thereabouts.  So, it was really good to catch up and drink some wine!  Hence, no blogging or card making of any description over the weekend.  I have had a chance to sit at my desk today though, after the clean up!

I have made a card using this weeks sketch for CAS(E) this sketch...I have taken a little liberty though, only a little one...I hope that's ok?! ;)  I'm so rubbish at sticking to the rules!  I hope you can still see the sketch in there!

Here's the sketch...



...and here's my card...

...you see...I replaced the three cascading tags with one label, but my redeeming feature (as I see it anyway) are the three pearls placed vertically down the solid strip ;)  This card took on a life of it's own if I'm honest.  The blue/green blended strip was actually an off cut from this card I made last week.  Because I am a messy crafter (I hate to admit this, but it is so true that I just cannot deny it!) this off cut happened to be left sitting on top of a black piece of card and a grey piece, which made me think that they looked pretty good together!  I guess that makes this an organic card...maybe?!  ;)  I decided to go with the clear matt embossing on the background again because I liked it so much last time I did it  :)

I am also going to enter this baby into CAS-ual Fridays Birthday Bash as it is still open and this is a birthday card!  They're going to be sick of seeing my name pop up on the linky's - sorry girls!!  :)


So there we are..another day, another card :)

Thank you ever so for stopping by ;)










Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Black, Grey
Stamps: SU! - En Francais; Stamping All Day - Art Deco Birthday
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect medium; Distress Ink - Broken China, Crushed Olive
Other:    WOW! - Clear Matt Dull, White Opaque Super Fine, Metallic Blue e/p; Spellbinders - Labels 1; 
             pearls

4 comments:

  1. Love your minimalist take on this - the bright colours on the black always look amazing to me! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blended blue and green strip and the three little gems perfectly balance the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the sketch! Those fun bright colors really pop off that black background. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colors together!!! I have rarely cleaned off my craft table lately too and have been able to use bits and bobs for later cards. Yours turned out fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!