Wednesday 29 May 2013

Happy Birthday, Ardyth!!...

Surpriiiiise!!

Today is the fabulous Ardyth Percy-Robb's birthday and the equally fabulous Darnell is throwing a blog birthday party!  I was so honoured to be invited along!  If you would like to join in the fun, just pop over to Darnell's blog and link your birthday wishes up to inlinkz - the more the merrier!!  :)

I can't imagine there is anyone in blogland who doesn't know who Ardyth is?!  She is such an inspiration and her mojo never seems to wane.  She comes up with the most incredible ideas and has a fantastic knack of interpreting challenges in her own unique way - which is always sensational :)

So, then it came to making a card.  What could I possibly make that would do justice and be a fitting tribute to such a wonderful designer...?  Well, I really had only one option...rainbow!!  A woman after my own heart, Ardyth loves a rainbow card...I do hope you like this one Ardyth, it's especially for you!



Ta da!  Happy Birthday, Ardyth!!

Here's a close up...the black background is SPARKLY!  The sentiment is also glittery, although as I am no David Bailey and have only one light source, it's really difficult to see the sparkle in the embossing powder...but I promise you it's there!!




The background paper is actually wallpaper and it has the most apt name for this occasion - it's called Disco Black Glitter!!  What's a birthday party without a disco?!!!  :)  You may be seeing more of this paper...it's too cool  :)

Anyway, Ardyth, I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your virtual birthday celebrations as well as your 'real life' ones ;)  I also hope you get spoiled rotten by your nearest and dearest and cherish every moment of YOUR day!

I am entering this card into the Addicted To CAS challenge - the code word being 'Birthday'.  Also it would seem I missed out on their previous challenge which was 'Rainbow' - erm, well, this card kinda makes up for that!  ;)




Thank you for stopping by everyone, as always, I really appreciate it ;)  I know I've been MIA recently, internet issues still plague me and time has become somewhat elusive of late...I will endeavour to make more time however as I am starting to get withdrawal!!  :)  See y'all soon!









Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Black, Bright Red, Citrus Orange, Daffodil, Spring Green, Ocean Blue,
              Grape, Lilac; Wallpaper - Disco Black Glitter by Graham & Brown
Stamps: Stamping All Day - Art Deco Birthday
Ink:        VersaColor - White
Other:    WOW! - White Twinkle e/p; sequins

7 comments:

  1. This is fantabulous! A PERFECT Ardyth card! :) Love all the sparkle and the rainbow colors on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your rainbow, Sian! And as for your disco black - did you say it was wallpaper? Would someone really paper a room in that? I'm giggling even imagining it! Thank you so much for joining in my lovely surprise birthday party - what a fantastic day I'm having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card :) the bright colors and straight lines... shouts out Ardyth :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, I can make out that sparkle, sparkle! What a perfectly fantastic "Ardycard" you have made for her, Sian! Thank you so much in joining in my birthday surprise party for her!! Mwah! Darnell

    (I do hope we get to see more of you in blogland soon!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sian, this card is awesome! I love it! And it is perfect for Ardyth! I love that glittery wall-paper background. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous rainbow design Sian - love the simplicity of it. The sparkly black really makes those colours "pop"!
    Thank you for sharing with us at ATCAS - hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design with the rainbow to create such a bright, beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!