Thursday 18 July 2013

feeling nautical...

Well hello there!

I have missed you all and I have missed sitting at my desk and being creative!!  But today I had the opportunity to cram some card making into my life and I feel so much better for it :)

I haven't been completely cut off from goings-ons in blogland, I still get my email updates even if I haven't had the chance to visit you all.  Through my emails I was aware that the Curtain Call Challenge is back!  Now, I never played the first time round and I'll be honest, it was on the peripheral of my blog challenge radar as I was a complete blogging novice at that point.  This time though I am going to join in!

This challenge couldn't have been more perfectly timed for me.  The inspiration is 'Feeling Nautical'.  This weekend just gone a friend of mine told me that she had passed my details on to a friend of hers who is getting married; she's planning a nautical themed wedding.  Like I said - perfect timing!  I have SO many ideas for this theme, however very few stamps etc that relate to anything remotely nautical, so for now I am working with what I have but it's a situation that will be resolved promptly!!  Any excuse to shop hey?!  ;) 


The Design Team have done a fantastic job with their samples for this theme, I am in awe :)

Ok, enough babble, card time!


...I have started with the obvious...blue, white, red, gold, stripes and a little 'star-fish' (?!)  The sentiment is embossed in gold (I don't know how well it shows in the picture?)

Like I said, I have LOADS of ideas for this and I am hoping to find the time to turn them all into reality before the deadline, but to be honest I'm pleased to have made a card and posted it!  I have made a few cards for challenges recently but ran out of time to post/enter them!  That's more frustrating than not making one in the first place don't you find?!  

Thank you, as always, for stopping by...I do appreciate your support especially given my intermittent posting of late :)  I'm really hoping I'll be here a bit more often ;)










Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Navy, Bright Red
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Big Day Essentials
Ink:       Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:   WOW! - Metallic Gold Rich; rhinestones 

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, simple yet it make a mark :)
    Love the touch of gold on red stripe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those big, bold stripes!! The perfect touch with the pop of red and corner of stars. You did a great job with the challenge - so glad you played along! Thanks so much for joining us at the Curtain Call :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Perfect for a nautical wedding. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a classy take on the challenge. brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very cool card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, stranger! Good to see you back! Is hubs all mended now?! Your nautical card for the come-back challenge is spot on, Sian! The gold embossing is the perfect touch!

    (You know you can post your cards and tell us about them, even if you don't enter them in challenges! We'd love to see them anyway!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card is FABULOUS!!! I love it Sian :) thank you for your lovely comment, I am following your blog so I won't miss any of your lovely new creations :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you joined in this time around. It seems that a lot of us started blogging and knew about the first Curtain Call - it's fun to start again! I love the nautical look that you have achieved even without nautical stamps. The little "starfish" is a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us in the first Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore this CAS design and those fab stripes! The gold embossing adds a beautiful touch of elegance. Thanks for joining us for the first Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!