Thursday 2 January 2014

Hello 2014...I'm back!!...

Hello there boys and girls!!!

It's been such a long time since I had the opportunity to post anything and catch up with all you guys that I think I've forgotten how!!  

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and fabulous New Year celebrations with your friends and families...I certainly did :)

It's nice to be back in the country and back at my desk...I was getting serious withdrawal when I was away!!  I was still sketching card ideas though because I knew there would be the mad Christmas card rush when I got back and I knew that if I left it until I returned home I would have a serious case of 'no-jo' and that would not have been helpful in the slightest!!  Luckily, I managed to get all the Christmas and relevant birthday cards done and sent out before the last post and I was quite pleased with myself :)

I know you're all sick of the sight of Christmas cards, but as I didn't get a chance to post them as I made them (because I was doing my best impression of a headless chicken and the camera was hidden under a pile of who knows what on my desk...poor thing!) you're going to have to suffer a selection of them now!!  Apologies, but I didn't want to miss out!  I promise I will be back tomorrow with a non-Christmas card that I've made :)

These cards were made using inspiration provided by several challenges, however, as some of them were from months ago I can't link them up - c'est la vie!  (See, I even learned some french while I was away!)

Here we go...








This card I made for my Mum to give to my Nan (her Mum!)  You can't really tell, but the panel underneath the sentiment is actually silver :)

The snowflake is suspended and twirls about in the breeze like a real snowflake would :)




...last but not least, the perfect gift for the man (DOH) who has no idea what he wants for Christmas!!


...he has used this already, in fact I think he's more than half way through his 7 pints!!

So there you go!  If you've made it to the end of this post then I love you, even if you only looked at the pictures, that's perfectly acceptable as I don't think I would read my ramblings either!  :)

A great big warm welcome to my new followers...thank you so much for joining me here on my little blog, it was a lovely Christmas present to see you here!!  I'm so glad to be back and crafting  :)

Thank you for stopping by ;)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, my wandering Sian!! I hope you are where you are meant to be and I'm delighted to hear you sounding like your adorable self! Your cards are SPECTACULAR! I shall be pinning my head off! You definitely should check with some of the four or five year-long Christmas card challenges and see if you can't amend this post and enter some of them for all the world to see! And, please can I be added to your Christmas card address list?!

    I wish you the happiest and healthiest and craftiest year and I look forward to seeing your creations back in Blogland!! Big hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wildly cheering that you're back, Sian - you've been missed! Based on the gallery of GORGEOUS (yes, I'm shouting, because every single one is a charming work of art!), your creativity was receiving some TLC. As for tiring of Christmas cards: never, especially when they're made by you! Stunning x 100000!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!