Monday 5 May 2014

Rainbow chevrons...

Hello boys and girls!

How are we all?  I for one am super tired - but in a good way!  This bank holiday weekend the weather has been unusually kind to us and we have indeed made the most of it :)  I have spent the weekend mostly outdoors scooting all over the county visiting places I've not been to before and of course, today's May Day Bike Rally in Hastings - it was fabulous!  Last year there were around 42,000 bikes and 79,000 people in attendance - I wouldn't be surprised if this year was on a par, it was awesome!

I hope you've all had wonderful weekends too...going to work tomorrow is going to be tough!  :)

Now for the card that I'm here for...it's a card I've made using the brilliant inspiration over at the Fusion Card Challenge blog.  I haven't played along with this one for ages, but I just had to find time to enter this time as it is too awesome to miss!

Here's my card...



Surprise, surprise guys...we have black, white and rainbows!!  I used both the inspiration image and the sketch (if not a slightly adapted version of the sketch) :)

I heat embossed each chevron 'strip' individually which took rather a lot longer than I was expecting, however it was worth it because I am pleased with the outcome :)  Add a few black chevrons cut from card and an embossed sentiment and Bob's your Uncle!  

Here is the inspiration...there's still a small window of opportunity to enter this challenge if you haven't already!!




I hope you all enjoy your week - I will be back soon, I promise!  :)

Thanks for stopping by ;)











Supplies
Card:    Paper Mill Direct - White, Black
Stamp: Gel-A-Tins - Chevron-Tastic; STAMPlorations - Chevron & Arrows
Ink:      VersaMark
Other:  WOW! - Ebony, Clear, Apple Red, Mandarin, Sunny Yellow, Green, Lagoon, Indigo,
               Pastel Purple

11 comments:

  1. So glad you've had a fabulous weekend Sian. Love all those gorgeous chevrons. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love those heat embossed chevrons! Great card Sian!

    Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black, white, and rainbow awesomeness! Love this card, Sian! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Rainbow colors combined with black and white always makes me happy! Can't believe you embossed them all separately - you are one patient woman! And it was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW vibrant and lovely, gorgeously eye catching, a real showstopper!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION!! I sure hope that this upcoming challenge inspired you to play along with us again! I look forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS on your FUSION win Sian - FABULOUS card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gahh...late in commenting!! I was planning to shower you with accolades on how GORGEOUS your card is, and call it 'winner, winner' before the challenge closed and now look: your card IS "winner winner"!! And well-deserved win it is, as a perfect FUSION!! Excellent investment of your time and an amazing showcase of your awesome creativity!! LOVE x LOVE this!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. No surprise to see your extraordinary card as the winner at the Fusion Card Challenge, Sian! This card is remarkable!! You are such a talented and dedicated card artist!! Congratulations! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU. DID. NOT. Seriously? Embossed each individual strip? Not only is your card awesome and so deserving of a FUSION WIN, but you should really be awarded the "patience of a saint" award as well. Congrats!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool, Sian, and I love that you use the STAMPlorations sentiment even. Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What effort, but what a result! Fun to see STAMPlorations on there too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!