Monday 8 September 2014

Favourite things...

Hello guys!

How is everyone?  Well I hope :)

I'm back to share my sample for this months' WOW! challenge - 'My Favourite'.  For this challenge I have gone with my favourite technique and the one that got me hooked on heat embossing - Emboss Resist.




How cool is that graphic?!!  Love it!

Moving on...this technique isn't anything fancy or difficult, but I think that''s why I love it!  You don't need any special tools (beyond a heat gun) and you can create some lovely effects.

Here is my card...




As you can see, this card is pretty simple but I love the firey colours against the stark white background - it makes me happy!  I heat embossed the De-Vine background stamp in Opaque Bright White Super Fine powder and then grabbed my inks and got smudging!

Once I'd finished applying the inks, I took a dry tissue and 'polished' the image.  This removes any/all of the excess ink from the embossing powder, allowing the bright white to shine through and accentuate the contrast.

The sentiments were also embossed in Opaque Bright White Super Fine powder on the black card - I love the stark contrast and how true the white of this powder is - hands down my favourite white embossing powder - EVER.

Each month WOW! showcase one powder and one stamp set - this month the powder is Calypso Embossing Glitter and the stamp is the De-Vine background stamp.  I have a made a card for you guys using both if these - this was fun to make!!




For this card, first I die cut the circular 'windows' from the card front.  I then masked the edges of the card base to ensure that I was left with a white margin around the edge before I stamped the De-Vine background onto it and used the Calypso Embossing Glitter to emboss it.

The sentiments from the Collage stamp set were then embossed using the Earthtone Blueberry powder which has a lovely matt finish.  This, I thought, was a great contrast to the super sparkly Calypso glitter.

Although it's mostly hidden in this photograph - my fault, sorry! - the base of the butterfly has the De-Vine pattern embossed in Metallic Silver Super Fine to give a little interest to him as he hides under his vellum counterpart ;)

Thank you for all those who stayed with me throughout this longer-than-usual post - you're all troopers!  Now grab your stamps and embossing powders and get on and create something that showcases your favourite - whatever that may be!  I hope to see you in the gallery on the WOW! blog :) 

See you next time!  :)














Supplies
Card:       Paper Mill Direct - White Super Smooth, Black; Vellum
Stamps:  WOW! - De-VineCollage
Ink:         Versamark; Distress Ink - Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade
Powders: Opaque Bright White (S/F)Calypso Embossing GlitterEarthone BlueberryMetallic Silver (S/F)
Other:      Rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. Love both of your gorgeous cards! And I agree with you in that the fiery colors look fabulous with the white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, Ms. "Lagging Behind in Commenting" is here, applauding the beauty of both your cards. The fiery colours in the first are stunning, and the addition of the 'label' sentiments, amps up the WOW factor. The second, featuring the Calypso and Blueberry powders is equally as lovely...and the addition of the butterfly sends me into a swoon! Fabulous in every way, my friend!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!