Sunday 9 November 2014

Anything goes...

Hello my lovelies!

I don't know if it's the same for you, but all of my friends seem to have birthdays in September/October/November - myself included - which means I should be ready for it each year, but invariably I'm not!  So I've been busy making birthday cards galore!!  This, at a time when I should be making a large dent in the Christmas card making list - oh well!

Here is one of the cards I've made recently;


It's a super simple card, but I quite like it!  A bit of emboss resist and a rainbow, loads of white space and a slightly sparkly sentiment - job done!

I have a leftover strip of the honeycomb rainbow - I'll have to put that to good use on something else soon :)

I did make this card for two challenges - one being STAMPlorations - Anything Goes, and the other was CAS(E)This Sketch #98, but as per usual, I missed the deadline!  The card was made, I just did not get the time for the photographs, posting etc...!  I enjoyed making it though, which is the whole reason we do this, right?!



This is just a short post today, maybe I'll get a chance to play along AND post some cards for challenges that are still live!!

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend guys, thanks as always for taking the time to stop by ;)











Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct- White Super Smooth
Stamps:  WOW! - Sexi-Hexi; STAMPlorations - Celebrate
Ink:         VersaMark; Papermania - Red, Yellow; Distress Ink - Wild Honey, Broken China, Dusty
                     Concord; VersaColor - Green, Old Rose
Other:     WOW! - Black Glint Embossing Glitter, Bright White Opaque Super Fine Embossing Powder 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the rainbow panel! I've been in the same boat, if only there were more hours in the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how happy rainbow colors make me! Haven't seen it with a honeycomb background and love it! My biggest birthday months are April and May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Sian! There's nothing like a rainbow, is there?! Great idea to use it with a honeycomb. Really great design; love all the white space. And with my huge family, there are tons of birthdays every month. Seems like I'm always running behind. Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this, it really caught my eye as I was scrolling through my blog reader. Love that colorful panel with the chicken wire pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just continue to amaze and impress me with your brilliant designs, Sharnie!! This is right up there in my top ten cards you've ever made!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh la la, Sian...this is a show-stopper! The rainbow honey-comb strip nestled inside the panels: brilliant! I'm crushing over this in a BIG way! Wow!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. That honeycomb rainbow is to die for, Sian! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!