Thursday 8 January 2015

DIY Decor - WOW! style...

Happy New Year to you all!  

I don't think it's too far into January to say that still  :)  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break and that you're ready for the new year.

So here we are, an exciting new year full of WOW! challenges and products - I for one am looking forward to all the inspiration the year will bring :)

I am here with my project for this months' WOW! challenge.  Yes, I said project - NOT card! 



Aren't those jars just gorgeous!!?  As the theme suggests, this one is not about cards so I have stretched myself a little and created a non-card project for you all.

Here it is...







 This is for a dear friend of mine who needs reminding at the moment that things aren't always bad and that you need to grab life by the horns!

I stamped the De-Vine background stamp in the centre of each panel and embossed using Super Fine Metallic Silver embossing powder.  This picks up every detail - I love it!  I then blended some inks over the top of the embossing, buffing the panels once I'd finished blending to wipe any excess ink from the embossing powder to allow it to shine through.  I flicked some water onto each piece, gently dabbing it off with some tissue to lift some of the ink from the backgrounds to create the watery-speckled effect that you can (hopefully!) see.

I then stamped the sentiment from the Collage stamp set and then cut them out to arrange them on each of the panels.  Once I had them laid out where I wanted them, I cut smaller coloured pieces of card to act as mats for each sentiment and to add interest to the panels.

Each panel was then mounted onto a black piece of card and then onto the concertina'd cardstock 'stand'.  The stand has been stamped with a large flower design in ink colours to match each panel.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by, I hope you are able to join us for the challenge this month - this is a super interesting one with loads of potential!

PS - Apologies for the images - I am currently in the midst of changing over from a PC to a Mac and the transition is a little slower than I would have liked!  I am working on getting my beloved Photoshop on my Mac - thank you for your understanding :)





Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White Super Smooth, Dark Grey Smooth, Black, Teal, Dark Violet, Citrus
Stamps:  WOW! - De-Vine Background Stamp, Collage Stamp Set; Hero Arts - Large Open Flower
Ink:         Distress Inks - Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Barn Door, Wild Honey, Squeezed Lemonade, Salty
                     Ocean, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed,
                     Victorian Velvet; Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!